Wednesday 28 October 2015

AntiBiotics Multiple Choice Questions And Answers

21. Regarding the recently introduced lipid formulation of amphotericin B, which one of the following statements is accurate?
(a) Affinity of amphotericin B for these lipids is greater than affinity for ergosterol
(b) They are less expensive to use than conventional amphotericin B
(c) They are more effective in fungal infections
because they increase tissue uptake of amphotericin B
(d) They may decrease nephrotoxicity of amphotericin B
(e) They have wider spectrums of antifungal activity than conventional formulations of amphotericin B
Ans: D

22. Which one of the following antimicrobial drugs does not require supplementation of dosage following hemodialysis?
(a) Ampicillin
(b) Cefazolin
(c) Ganciclovir
(d) Tobramycin
(e) Vancomycin
Ans: E

23. The persistent suppression of bacterial growth that may occur following limited exposure to some antimicrobial drugs is called
(a) Time-dependent killing
(b) The post antibiotic effect
(c) Clinical synergy
(d) Concentration – dependent killing
(e) Sequential blockade
Ans: B

24. In which of the following groups do all four drugs warrant careful monitoring for drugrelated seizures in high-risk patients?
(a) Penicillin G, imipenem, amphotericin B, metronidazol
(b) Penicillin G, chlormphenicol, tetracycline, vancomycin
(c) Imipenem, tetracycline, vancomycin, sulfadiazine
(d) Cycloserine, metronidazole, vancomycin, sulfadiazine
(e) Metronidazole, imipenem, doxycycline, erythromycin
Ans: A

25. Which one of the following antibiotics is a potent inducer of hepatic drug-metabolizing enzymes?
(a) Ciprofloxacin
(b) Cyclosporine
(c) Erythromycin
(d) Rifampin
(e) Tetracycline
Ans: D

26. Beta – lactamase production by strains of Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, and Neissera gonorrhoeae confers resistance against penicillin G.which one of the following antibiotics is most likely to be effective against all strains of each of the above organisms?
(a) Ampicillin
(b) Ceftriaxone
(c) Clindamycin
(d) Gentamicin
(e) Piperacillin
Ans: B

27. A 19-year-old woman with recurrent sinusitis has been treated with different antibiotics on several occasions. During the course of one such treatment she
developed a severe diarrhea and was hospitalized. Sigmoidoscopy revealed colitis, and pseudomembranes, were confirmed histologically. Which of the following drugs, administered orally, is most likely to be effective in the treatment of colitis due to C difficile?
(a) Ampicillin
(b) Cefazolin
(c) Clindamycin
(d) Metonidazole
(e) Tetracycline
Ans: D

28. Bleomycin is used in most effective drug combination regiment for the chemotherapy of testicular carcinoma. Which one of the following statements about the
drug is accurate?
(a) Acts mainly in the M phase of the cell cycle
(b) Derived from the bark of yew trees
(c) Myelosuppression is dose-limiting
(d) Peripheral neuropathy occurs in more than 50% of patients
(e) Pulmonary infiltrates and fibrosis may occur
Ans: E

29. A high school student presents with headache, fever, and cough of 2 day’s duration.
Sputum is scant and nonpurulent and a Gram stain reveals many white cells but no organisms. Since this patient appears to have atypical pneumonia. You should initiate treatment with
(a) Cefazolin
(b) Clindamycin
(c) Erythromycin
(d) Gentamicin
(e) Trovafloxacin
Ans: C

30. Chloramphenicol is particularly effective in the treatment of
(a) Diphtheria
(b) Tuberculosis
(c) Emphysema
(d) Rickettsial diseases
(e) Streptomyces pyogenes infections
Ans: D

More Questions & Answers:-

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 












      I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 



















      I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 

      Delete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer.Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,  ..WhatsApp phone number+ 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Testing done with Nerve conduction study,EMG,MRI,Blood and urine tests,Muscle biopsy and My primary care physician prescribed Riluzole (Rilutek)and Edaravone (Radicava) But Dr. Eric Ehle and Eric were concerned about the medication side effect due to my age so I was advised to use Dr Itua herbal medicine which one of his patient has purchase before using it to cure her herpes virus then I was hopeful because I truly believe in natural herbs than medicated drugs, I purchase Dr Itua herbal medicine and it got deliver to me within some days then I used it as prescribed since 2016 till 2021 now I'm totally free with no symptoms or side effect and I decided that I should have this opportunity to introduce to you my life saver Dr Itua herbal center who cures all such of human disease and infections example'' HIV,Parkinson,Herpes,Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,MS,Diabetes,Lupus,HPV,Hepatitis,Cancer and kidney disease. Contact Dr Itua herbal center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com purchase his herbal medicine and be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 




    I was cured of HPV  with the use of pure natural roots and herbs from a herbal professional maker called dr Moses Buba, a man of trust and always reliable to his word. I actually thank you cause at first I doubt what others do, but you make me believe that good people still live . You can reach via email buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +234906059305 for more information you can reach me also on my cell phone with text or WhatsApp and even drop a call on 0(501)9914802 . am grateful to share his work so I will share more about Dr Moses buba 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promise him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, stomach ucler ,THYROID, COPD, Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID,ALS, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ASTHMA, Crowns and all other type of diseases,WEAK ERECTION, STRETCH MARK REMOVER , breast cancer, Parkinson's, male-enhancement Cream, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, HEPATITIS B pile, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete