Friday 19 August 2016

20 TOP CELL CULTIVATIONS Questions and Answers

Latest CELL CULTIVATIONS Multiple choice Questions and Answers

1. Which of the following is the necessary step for cultivating the microorganisms?
A. Preparing a culture medium for the growth of microorganisms
B. Sterilizing in order to eliminate all living microorganisms in vessel
C. Inoculating the microorganisms in the prepared medium
D. All of the above
Answer: D

2. For most bacteria, the optimum pH for growth lies between
A. 6.5-7.5
B. 3.5-4.5
C. 4.5-5.5
D. 5.5-6.5
Answer: A

3. Which of the following is an abiotic elicitors?
A. UV irradiation
B. Osmotic shock
C. Heavy metal ions
D. All of these
Answer: D

4. Suspension cultures consist of cells and cell aggregates, growing dispersed in
A. liquid medium
B. solid nutrient medium
C. solid or liquid medium
D. none of these
Answer: A

5. Thiobacillus thiooxidans has an optimum pH of
A. 2.0-3.5
B. 0.5-6.0
C. 6.5-7.5
D. 9.0-9.5
Answer: A

6. Balanced growth is defined as
A. cultures undergoing balanced growth while maintaining a constant chemical composition
B. balancing the growth while controlling the pH
C. balancing the growth while controlling the temperature
D. balancing the growth while changing the nutrient composition
Answer: A

7. Semi-solid media, prepared with agar at concentrations of 0.5% or less are useful for the cultivation of
A. Microaerophillic bacteria
B. Lactobacilli
C. E.coli
D. all of these
Answer: A

8. The cell mass can be measured optically by determining the amount of light scattered by a suspension of cells. The measurements are usually at a wavelength of
A. 300-400nm
B. 400-500nm
C. 500-600nm
D. 600-700nm
Answer: D

9. Which of the following is not an indirect method for the measurement of cell mass?
A. Nutrient composition
B. Cell dry weight
C. Viscosity
D. Heat evolution
Answer: B

10. Callus cultures are amorphous cell aggregates arising from the unorganized growth of explants on an
A. liquid medium
B. solid nutrient medium
C. aseptic solid nutrient medium
D. solid or liquid medium
Answer: C

11. The protoplast can be used to
A. modify genetic information
B. create plant hybrid
C. study plant viral infections
D. all of these
Answer: D

12. Which of the following is incorrect?
A. Mammalian cells are larger and more complex than microorganisms
B. Their growth rate is very fast compared to microorganisms
C. Mammalian cells are fragile
D. Most animal cells only grow when attached to surface
Answer: B

13. The size of a single plant cell is usually within the range of
A. 10-20μm in diameter and 25-100μm long
B. 20-40μm in diameter and 100-200μm long
C. 40-60μm in diameter and 200-300μm long
D. 60-80μm in diameter and 300-400μm long
Answer: B

14. Which of the following is incorrect?
A. Plant cells are larger than the bacterial or fungus cells
B. Plant cells tend to grow in clumps
C. Plant cells are less sensitive to shear than microbial cells
D. Plant cells are more genetically unstable than microbial cells
Answer: C

15. The archaebacterium Halobacterium, an extreme halophile, and Sulfolobus, a thermoacidophile, can be cultured in the presence of antibiotics such as streptomycin and chloramphenicol because
A. they contain ether-linked isoprenoids in their plasma membrane
B. they lack murein in their cell wall
C. they contain 80S, as opposed to 70S, ribosomes
D. all of the above
Answer: B

16. The isolation of the gonorrhoea – causing organisms, Neisseria gonorrhoeae,from a clinical specimen is facilitated by the use of media containing
A. cellulose
B. certain antibiotics
C. succinate
D. none of these
Answer: B

17. Anchorage -dependent cells require
A. wettable surface for growth
B. dry surface for growth
C. either (a) or (b)
D. nothing to do with the surface
Answer: A

18. Stringent anaerobes can be grown in a media by taking special measure as
A. boiling the media for several minutes
B. addition of cysteine
C. passing through oxygen-free nitrogen
D. any of these
Answer: D

19. Radical shifts in pH can be prevented by incorporating
A. a buffer
B. an oxidizing agent
C. a reducing agent
D. any of these
Answer: A

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born epileptic, but I am now free and cured with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worse headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sisters house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handles their epilepsy! So My sister friends Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who reside in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Genitals Herpes,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete