Friday 19 August 2016

100 TOP ENERGY RELEASE and CONSERVATION Questions and Answers

Latest ENERGY RELEASE and CONSERVATION Multiple choice Questions and Answers

1. Organisms can synthesize ATP by oxidative phosphorylation when they
A. ferment
B. oxidize glucose to pyruvate
C. pass electrons from the oxidation of chlorophyll through an electron transport system
D. pass electrons to oxygen through an electron transport system containing cytochromes
Answer: D

2. How many molecules of carbon dioxide will be given off during ten turns of the Krebs cycle?
A. 10
B. 20
C. 30
D. 40
Answer: B

3. In cellular metabolism, O2 is used
A. to provide electrons for photophosphorylation
B. in glycolysis
C. as a terminal electron acceptor
D. in the Krebs cycle
Answer: C

4. In glycolysis, ATP is created by
A. photophosphorylation
B. the chemiosmotic mechanism
C. substrate level phosphorylation
D. the pentose phosphate pathway
Answer: C

5. Suppose a eukaryotic cell had a mutation that prevented the production of cytochrome c. As a result of this mutation, which of the following processes would not occur?
A. Cellular respiration
B. Photosynthesis
C. Mitosis
D. Cell wall synthesis
Answer: A

6. Which of the following best explains about the usefulness of the production of ethanol in yeast cells under anaerobic conditions?
A. Ethanol keeps the electron transport system functioning
B. Yeast would be unable to activate the enzymes of the Krebs cycle without ethanol
C. The process generates oxygen, which is required for glycolysis
D. The process regenerates NAD+, which is required for glycolysis
Answer: D

7. The final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain is
A. CoQ
B. a cytochrome
C. FMN
D. oxygen
Answer: D

8. The amount of energy (cal/mole) in an ATP molecule produced by a cell from glucose by fermentation is
A. greater than aerobic metabolism
B. less than aerobic metabolism
C. exactly or approximately equal to aerobic metabolism
D. none of the above
Answer: C

9. The enzymes for glycolysis are located
A. on the inner surface of the cell membrane
B. on the inner membrane of the mitochondrion
C. on the outer membrane of the chloroplast
D. in the cytoplasm
Answer: D

10. Glucose can be broken down to pyruvate by
A. Entner-Doudoroff pathway
B. tricarboxylic acid cycle
C. both (a) and (b)
D. none of these
Answer: A

11. In lactic acid fermentation, the final electron acceptor would be
A. fructose B. pyruvate
C. glucose D. acetyl-CoA
Answer: B

12. The amount of ATP that can be obtained by complete oxidation of a glucose by a bacterium is
A. greater than by a yeast cell
B. lesser than by a yeast cell
C. exactly or approximately equal to by a yeast cell
D. none of these
Answer: A

13. Which of the following is accomplished in chemiosmosis?
A. The oxidation of ATP
B. The oxidation of water
C. The oxidation of NADH
D. The oxidation of CO2
Answer: C

14. A yeast or fungal cell produces how many net ATP molecules per molecule of glucose when completely oxidized?
A. 32
B. 34
C. 36
D. 38
Answer: C

15. Before most molecules can enter the Krebs citric acid cycle, they must be converted to
A. citric acid
B. oxaloacetic acid
C. NADH or FADH
D. acetyl-CoA
Answer: D

16. How many oxygen molecules are required in the fermentation of one molecule of glucose to ethanol and CO2?
A. 0
B. 1
C. 2
D. 36
Answer: A

17. Most bacterial fermentations yield how many net ATP molecules per molecule of glucose?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 4
D. 6
Answer: B

18. The amount of ATP produced by a cell from glucose when metabolizing it by fermentation means is
A. greater than by aerobic metabolism
B. lesser than by aerobic metabolism
C. exactly or approximately equal to by aerobic metabolism
D. none of these
Answer: B

19. Which one of the following is produced in the greatest numbers during one turn of the Krebs cycle?
A. NADH
B. Acetyl-CoA
C. FADH2
D. ATP
Answer: A

20. Aerobic respiration differs from anaerobic respiration in which of the following respects?
A. Anaerobic respiration is glycolysis
B. Aerobic respiration requires the electron transport chain
C. The final electron acceptors are different
D. Aerobic respiration produces less ATP
Answer: C

21. For each pair of electrons passing from NADH located inside the mitochondria to oxygen, how many ATP molecules can be generated?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
Answer: C

22. In anaerobic respiration, the final electron acceptor can be
A. oxygen
B. nitrate
C. pyruvate
D. acetyl-CoA
Answer: B

23. Which one of the following is not produced in any of the steps of glycolysis?
A. NAD+
B. NADH
C. ADP
D. ATP
Answer: A

24. The number of ATP molecules produced from one glucose molecule by a bacterium producing lactic acid is
A. greater than producing ethanol
B. lesser than producing ethanol
C. approximately equal to producing ethanol
D. none of these
Answer: C

25. Which of the following is the most complete definition of fermentation?
A. Oxidation of glucose with organic molecules serving as electron acceptors
B. Complete catabolism of glucose to CO2 and HO2
C. Production of energy by substrate-level phosphorylation
D. Production of ethyl alcohol from glucose
Answer: A

26. The enzymes that catalyze the reactions of the Krebs cycle are found in which subcellular organelle of eukaryotes?
A. Mitochondrion
B. Chloroplast
C. Ribosome
D. Endoplasmic reticulum
Answer: A

27. Fatty acids are oxidized to acetyl-CoA by which of the following pathways?
A. β-oxidation
B. Entner-Doudoroff
C. pentose phosphate pathway
D. Embden-Meyerhof pathway
Answer: A

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born epileptic, but I am now free and cured with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worse headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sisters house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handles their epilepsy! So My sister friends Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who reside in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Genitals Herpes,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete